Area: Camel festival in Gobi desert 2019
Date: March 5 - March 7
Duration: 5night/ 6 days
Total distance: 1750 km
Accommodation: Ger guesthouse prepared by Nomads
- This tour is designed for those who like to challenge themselves with outdoor activities in winter Gobi desert with camel festival
- Your participation in this trip is helping to financially support nomadic families living in Mongolia.
Day 1. 05 Mar. Start trip to South Gobi's center called Dalanzadgad. Would be little bit longer driving but on a good new road no tiring. /600 km/
Day 2. 06 Mar. Drive to Bulgan village where the camel festival held. /100 km/
• 10.00 -12.30: Camel polo tournament.
• 14.00 - Opening ceremony of "Camel festival-2017" and Camel parade.
Tournament of "The Best Couple on Camelback"
• 15.00 - Ankle bone shooting tournament- Mongolian traditional game • 17.00 - Camel polo tournament final rounds and Local expo of children's artworks "Camel- My friend"
• 18.00 - Children's concert
Overnight in Bayanzag flaming cliff, place famous for it's dinosaur finding. /15 km/
Day 3. 07 Mar. Camel race day
The second day of the festival. Today we will enjoy camel race • 09.00 - Camel race.
• 10.30 - Camel race.
• 12.00 - Torom (2 years old camel) race
• 13.00 - Break for lunch • 15.00 - "Camel express" competition for herders
• 17.00 - Rewarding and closing ceremony
Continue drive to Khongor Sand dune. These are Mongolia's largest sand dunes, reaching height of 300 meters in some areas. You will have an opportunity to visit a camel herdsman's family to explore their way of life, their culture and traditions. The sand dunes change color with each hour of the day, from yellow to silver to rose-colored at (dawn/ sundown).
Day 4. 08 Mar. Start trip driving to Yol Valley /called ice valley/ 'Eagle Valley'. Take a trip to Yol Am and Dungene valley - a wonderfully picturesque place with ice in summer, and surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. Enjoy small hiking and photographing the charming landscape and wildlife. These areas are situated in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park that encompasses the "Three Beauties" peaks and the most easterly points of the Altai Mountains
Day 5. 09 Mar. Drive to Tsagaan Suvraga /White Stupa/ White Stupa is located in MIddle Gobi. The name Tsagaan Suvarga (White Stupa) is given by local people to the impressive and legendary cliff which is eroded by natural phenomen on. Having 10 million years history, the cliff indicates different times by its colored layers. Tsagaan Suvarga is interesting to see the sheer slope, facing east, which from a distance seems to be the ruins of the ancient city. Enjoy hiking around colorful Stupa, feeling like meditation in there.
Day 6. 10 Mar, Drive back to Ulaanbaatar city.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +976 99951333